PTS Multi-center Research Study Proposal
The Panamerican Trauma Society (PTS) is proud to sponsor multi-center studies in order to facilitate the design and execution of multi-center projects.
The purpose of this initiative is to encourage researches from different centers to collaborate in studies of mutual interest. The collaborative projects must be initiated by the researchers, who will use their own resources to develop their proposals.
Those interested must follow the process listed below to develop and submit their research proposal.
PROCEDURES AND INSTRUCTIONS.
Phase I. DEVELOPMENT AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS. Those interested must:
1. Develop a research study proposal. Researchers should prepare a draft proposal including the following outline:
a. Title of the research study
2. Submit required documents. The draft proposal should include the following documents:
a. PTS Multi-center research study proposal
Note: We recommend consulting with a statistician and possible co-investigators about the content of the proposal before submitting the proposal. The collaborators of the study must have a vision of consensus and commitment.
Phase II. REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF STUDY. The PTS is committed to the following:
Phase III. SUGGESTIONS FOR DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS.1. Establish the data collection process. If approved by the PTS, the researchers must establish a data collection procedure. Those interested can consider two options for data collection:
a. Organize the collection of data by electronic means, as this will facilitate the analysis.2. Agreement (email) letter. The main researchers must prepare and distribute a letter of agreement or an email to potential co-investigators. This letter must include a copy of the following documents with the written agreement or email:
a. Study proposal
Note: In this phase it useful to:
3. Work Schedule. It is recommended that the researchers develop a work schedule and distributes the schedule among the co-researchers.
4. Study proposal updates. As your study advances, we recommend (not essential) submitting periodic updates via email by the co-investigators. Please be sure to include:
All of these actions can be useful in maintaining the expectation of the researchers.
5. Data analysis and development of research study. According to your work schedule, the researchers must download the final data collected from the electronic tools and proceed to analyze the data and prepare a draft of the study.
Phase IV. PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATION OF RESEARCH STUDY PROPOSAL6. Develop an abstract of the study. The researchers must write an abstract of the study and submit to the PTS for an oral presentation at the PTS Annual Congress. The abstract must be send via to e-mail email@example.com. The name of your electronic must include: Name of the main author – Multi-center Study. Sample: “Perico Perez – Multicenter Study”
7. Publication of Research Study. The Panamerican Society is committed to helping the principal investigator publish the study either in the society's magazine or others depending on the impact of the study.